JumboSpot or Hotspot Pi-Star How do you lower the RF TX power

How do you lower the RF TX power

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 ( think it is the B version) I purchased a MMDVM hotspot that I need to configure. I can attach it to the system board. I found this document but I am wondering if the code in the steps is valid. I want to run DMR and YSF for now. I am just wondering if I can skip some of those steps, or if some one as coded a good template in a batch or ssh file (new be to Linux) you can put in your settings and then configure your hotspot. I see from the pistar page that you can bring up a web browser page (HTML, PHP, etc) to do the configuration.

Also on my MMDVM hotspot board, it has four pins / prongs that hang down an are low enough to make contact with the pins on the interface connector. I am just wondering if I need to insulate those pins / prongs, or since it is toward the middle, does it matter?

Configuration>Expert>MMDVMHost>RFLevel
Default is 100, I set mine to 10 which is approximately 1milliwatt and works fine in my application.

Important :: I’ve notice the changes take place after a reboot.


Configuration>Expert>MMDVMHost>RFLevel
Default is 100, I set mine to 10 which is approximately 1milliwatt and works fine in my application.

If I set my JumboSpot to RFLevel=0 it cannot be heard at a few meters compared to 10 which can be heard throughout my property, this is on 2m/145mhz though so 70cm/435mhz may differ.

The modem may be somewhat unstable at minimum RF power too although I have no proof of this so I play safe at RFLevel=10.

Important :: I’ve notice the changes take place after a reboot.

Pi-Star Users Support Group
https://groups.io/g/PiStar
****** share this with others *******



No comments:

Post a Comment

.
PiStar Users Discussion Group
Pi-Star Users Support Group
https://groups.io/g/PiStar

BrandMeister Network Users Discussion Group
https://groups.io/g/BrandMeister
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.